Friday, December 9, 2011

Step Out on Faith

          I am learning more and more that when God pushes you in a certain direction eventually you need to give up the battle and step out on faith. When I look back on some of my "life decisions" I have to come to terms with the fact that sometimes I am in the position I am in because I did not seek God in my decisions. When it comes to my career I could not narrow down how to describe it. That is because I will not sit down long enough to hear from God on what my path should be. So my "path" has changed a lot! When life throws difficult moments at you it is usually a wake up call to pay attention. Apparently I rarely listen. Now that I am really starting to understand that what my career choices are will not only affect my future but my children and husbands future as well. It is so much easier when your paycheck is basically for the purpose of shopping. It is a hard transition from teenager to college particularly when it comes to finances. This is also the time when we are supposed to decide what we should do for the rest of our lives. Really? At eighteen? My priorities have changed significantly in the last ten years. It is so easy to say that if you could go back you would make a different decision. But would you? I know I would not. I chose Fashion Merchandising. I loved it. I loved going to class and I loved sewing in my sweatpants and eating take out while my room mates were at the library chugging coffee to stay awake while reading about the dynamics of statistics. Obviously now I look back and wonder why I did not consider that they would be making a lot more money than I would be. Recently it hit me why this was not my concern. It is because I have always wanted to be my own boss and I want my job to consist of what I love. And what I love is cooking, sewing and being domestic. I am truly in my element when I am at home and being able to express myself through these outlets. It feeds my soul. I am not made for the corporate world. I have certainly tried. It is just not in me.  My dream has always been to be a wife and mother. It is old fashioned yes, but it is me. It truly is. That is all I want. But it cost a lot to live. So  you have to find a career that will allow you to do all of it so you can truly love your life.
        I have never considered doing any at home business. In all honestly I have always been very turned off by them. I always viewed these women as "the crazy make up lady" or "the pushy handbag lady". However, recently I was introduced to the company Arbonne. A very close friend of mine started selling the product and my thought was "why in the world is she doing this?". I soon figured out she understood something I did not. After my miscarriage I did a lot of soul searching and admitted to myself, it is irrelevant how much money you make when you wake up every morning miserable to go to work. It just simply is not worth it. I do not want to start a family when I am this stressed all the time and when I am this tired at the end of the day. What I want out of a job is freedom. I want freedom to work but not allow it to interrupt the things I love most in this life. I also want to make a difference. I truly want a career that is helping people because what is more fulfilling than that? At the end of they day who really cares what anyone thinks because people have opinions based on things they do not understand. I know I certainly do. Once I allowed myself to understand this company and this business my entire perspective changed. Yes the products are amazing and using them is a huge perk. However, what drew me into this business is what this will do to my life. It will give me freedom!  It will allow me to help people. To provide a service that honestly benefits people. No this is not for everyone but apparently it is for me. I had to allow God to guide me in this direction. It is so far from my comfort zone. However once we let go and let God we surprise ourselves with what we are capable of. Yes I am nervous but I am so excited. I can not wait to see what God is going to bring me through this business. I am in love with the women I have met through this experience. I am inspired and motivated. I will never be what I consider "a crazy skin care lady" but if that title gets thrown my way a few times while on this path I will learn to ignore it. Because does it really matter what anyone thinks if you are happy and fulfilled in your life? I am in this for my future and for my families future. I am in this so I can give to the ministries I love, so I will have the time to do the things I love. I am in this to help other women who are searching and struggling with "the next step". It is the the opportunity that this will provide for women. It goes far beyond an incredible product. It is a journey that can lead to financial freedom but most of all it can lead someone to live life in the way they thought they could never get to. I never thought it would be possible to have it all. It is. Just let God lead you there. Quit fighting him on what you think your path should be. Sometimes his path is down a road we would never considered taking.


http://www.arbonne.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment